Monday, July 11, 2011

Day 19 (11 July): the case of the Pictou poisoning...

the day of my last tour gig arrived and I was oh-so-pleased to find that my voice was intact (after having had a wee martini spree the night before)... and so away to Pictou County we drove.
Pictou - Hector Ship Museum
it was a fuckin' bonnie day at Pictou Marina, and the lovely (and dashingly handsome) Gavin, was there to help set up the PA for me.
the lovely Gavin
it was just lovely until the wind blew the pulp mill smog from waaaay over the other side of the harbour right into my face. every time I took a breath for a big note I got a wallop of it and nearly gagged. the poor town, having that hideous beast over the harbour from it. evil industry!
Replica of the Tall Ship, Hector
I finished 20 minutes early as a result, which I felt bad about, until I realized how scratchy my throat was and how much of a headache I had. Pictou, I love you, but did you have to poison me?! ;-)
my name on the marina schedule...
I had booked mum and I into Pictou Lodge, a beautiful spot by the bay... which used to be a hi-de-hi kinda holiday joint, and still has wee notes of it here and there, but has been upgraded and there are no loudspeakers that bellow 'hi-de-hi campers' at 8am. thank fuck.
view from the stage at Pictou Marina
so we got drunk in the lodge house and passed out from pulp poisoning... and maybe vodka.

dig it, Canada - you are all nice n' shit, and then you poison me on my way out ;-) haha, naw, I forgive ya ;-)

perpetually yours, O.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments: