Friday, July 08, 2011

Day 15 (7 July): a gig in the new weeg ;-)

the settlers must've been awfully proud of their homeland when they arrived in nova scotia, cos not only did they call it new scotland, but they also called a town new glasgow. as if one glasgow wasn't enough ;-) I jest. I love you, glasgow!

I played tonight in the town of new glasgow, in an ex-church, alongside a fabulous local singer/songwriter - Jenny MacDonald. we were essentially the entertainment for a supper club. do we have them in scotland? where people play to eat and hear music. it was quite lovely. although I was given instructions not to swear cos there was a priest's birthday party in for the night ;-) I complied, but only because they were such a lovely audience. haha, I'm getting soft in my old age! it was actually mainly cos I needed the paycheck from this, having blown my budget on the spontaneous guitar purchase.

I got to play the new guitar in public for the first time tonight. ace. she's fucking gorgeous to play. j'adore. I haven't named her yet, but her name will come to me. it's a bit like naming a child really ;-)

a big thank you to Jim Dorie for hooking me up with this gig. 'twas a pleasure. oh, yeah, a big thank you to my mum and chris for ferrying me round the country yet again too ;-)

so here's the proof that I am not just a pretty face - I did some tiling for one of my mum's rental properties... I is paying my way I is ;-)
oh, and check out my mum's garden - isn't it tres gorgeous?!? we had a BBQ last night - fresh clams, grilled chicken and sweet potato. awesome. got to catch up with my step-sister and her husband too. sometimes having a night of normal amongst the rock n' roll is a good thing.

gah. what'd I tell you - I'm going soft in my old age ;-)

tomorrow I head to the beach cottage with my brother. I hope to have a water-balloon war with my niece and nephew and hopefully also see some hummingbirds. my needs are simple and few at this juncture.

efficiently yours, O.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments: