Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Day 7: cross country. record store busking. and hitting hampton...

today we hit saint john... a wee record store called Backstreet Records to be precise. I even had a special sign out front ;-)


I played a wee set outside, and played mostly to the tourists off the visiting cruise ship - it was the American dollar note that ended up in my guitar case that gave it away ;-)


thanks to Gordie for hosting me at Backstreet Records!


after a burger and sweet potato fries, which can only be described as fuckin' incredible, we headed to our hotel in quispamsis. my brother is currently playing roadie and chauffeur. tres cool.

I love the cars here - they are huge and gaudy and probably are partly do blame for the fuel crisis - but oh so sexy...


gig no.5 was at Shiretown Pub in Hampton and was a last minute arrangement thanks to a double booking - it was a little slow and scary to begin with - but the audience were just fuckin' great - and if any of you guys read this, thank you so much for making it a great night. thanks to Ed and Brendon for their hospitality - small town Canada is cool. this pic sums up my day pretty well... a little hungover, a little smarmy, with a dash of mischief thrown in ;-)


there is one thing that Canada does really well - amusing names for things - check out this candy ;-)


I was pleased to also find that our breakfast diner was fittingly called 'Hannah's Breakfast' ;-) ...


small things amuse small minds n' all that ;-)

anyway. I'm fuckin' exhausted. one more gig in Sackville before a 'day off'. by 'day off' I mean that I don't have a gig, but we'll be driving to a gig, so I don't know how much of a day off it'll be!

onwards, comrades!

despicably yours, O.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments: