Sunday, June 26, 2011

Day 4 (26th June): the day of tourism, misogyny and heat...

I wrote a whole big blog during the day, but in a huge technological fail both on my part (I forgot to save the first draft), and cos my blogger app choked, I lost it all... a number of times. If this version doesn't work I may well kill someone...

Day 4: Toronto -
So, I hit town and sat about in gardens listening to jazz and digging the heat (25 degrees)... Saw the CN tower (didn't go up cos it cost $54), but took the obligatory ominous shot...



And then perved at the Rogers Centre (home of the Bluejays - yay for baseball!)



And look, I found a street just for Duncan - he'd better come claim it before some other pesky Duncan gets there first ;-)


Tucking into the biggest salad in the world in the beer garden of the wonderful Black Bull Tavern (a good pub in every country it seems!), I came across a table of arseholes so arseholish that I coulda sworn they were British - although at least the brits are a little more honest about their misogyny - these guys were being cunts and then telling everyone to shut up when their girlfriends called to make sure they weren't caught out.



But my salad, sweet potato fries, and this cute statue cheered me up...



I suppose I was just shocked cos I was under the impression that all Canadians were awesome and lovely... Then again I'd never been to Toronto!

However my second gig at the TRANZAC was lovely AND awesome! Thank you to Sara Kamin and Amy Campbell for playing too. Utter pleasure.



Wistfully yours, O.

P.s. I LOATHE the fact that my iPad has decided to capitalize for me... Must fix this at once!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments: