Saturday, June 25, 2011

Day 3: let the holiday (tour) commence...

beginning the day by getting a pedicure is more of an indulgence than I expected, but my longterm Internet penpal, Cheryl, decided to treat me. j'adore! see, Cheryl and I have been pen-friends for 16yrs... my brother has met her, but until yesterday I had not met her in person. it was fuckin' ace to finally get the chance. it was actually not a shock to the system - I mean, after 16yrs, it's hard not to feel comfortable with someone ;-)

I will post pics of us once I get them from other cameras! in the meantime, here is her dog, Charlie, again!



a wee bout of shoe shopping, and an iPad shopping experience (which wasn't all I was hoping it would be, but I have my iPad, so I can't complain), and I have discovered that this country is severely backward in it's mobile technology and data plans. so, anyone in the UK complaining - stop it right now! these guys don't even have unlimited data packages on their mobiles, OR interprovincial messaging that doesn't cost the earth. seriously retarded.

so, my plan to be a mobile rocumentary genius has been stifled somewhat! bah!

here is pic of the drunken bum outside my sheraton.... big cities, huh!?



view from my hotel window...


Sheraton- 'you belong' .... erm, I don't think so ;-)


my first gig was at graffiti in chinatown, Toronto. mad crazy. I felt a little disillusioned at first cos I didn't immediately 'feel the love', but hey, I knew it wouldn't be a walk in the park. one down, many to go. hurdles? I squish thee!



they survived 'stiletto'! but only just ;-)



so I sold some CDs, drank a few jacks, and scared a few Canadians - all in all, a soul-shifting experience. thank you to Russell Leon and Graffiti for breaking me in...

i am back off to my hotel now via china town and hopefully some kind of kebab!

remarkably still yours, O.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments: